Loading a Project
Adding a New Entry
View Entries on Map
EpiCollect.net provides a web application for the generation of online forms and hosted databases for many kinds of mobile data collection projects.
1. Create a Project website at EpiCollect.net
2. Design a Form containing the kind of text data you want to collect.
3. Load the Project onto your phone (and share with anyone you wish to collect data)
4. Collect multiple sets of data, each with or without a photo and GPS position.
5. Synchronise date from the phones with your project website.
6. View data using Google Maps and Earth at your Project Website.
7. It's all free.
EpiCollect.net allows you to setup a PROJECT website which acts as a central location for the viewing of data collected via mobile phones.
On the phones
We refer to each set of data stored on the phone as an ENTRY. Each entry can consist of any number of text fields - the kinds of text fields you would normally enter into an online form (e.g. free text, list boxes, check boxes etc). The number and nature of text fields are defined as a FORM. For each entry text data can be entered via a form and each entry can be geotagged using the phones GPS (Global Positioning System) Additionally you can attach a PHOTO to each entry using the phones built in camera.
At your project Website
After initially setting up your PROJECT at epicollect.net, you can design a FORM using a simple drag 'n' drop form builder. This allows you to specify all the text fields you would like to collect.
The following video runs through the whole process simply, however more indepth instructions are available by browsing the Instructions menu on the left hand side of this page.