EpiCollect+ (plus) provides a complete solution for complex mobile data gathering projects and consists of two parts:
A mobile app and a web server app
1) Mobile app - The EpiCollect+ mobile app allows you to load a single or multiple projects and provides the interface for users to gather the data you specify. All data can be subsequently synched with a central server and, furthermore, data can be retrieved onto the mobile devices from the central server and viewed as tables or maps.
2) Web Server app - We provide hosting for project data, however we also provide server software and instructions for setting up a database(s) and web application for you to house and view the data collected by any number of mobile devices (you can also enter data directly via the web). All data submitted from multiple devices can be viewed as tables / maps (if location data included) and downloaded for further analysis.
Your data gathering project
A data gathering project can be thought of as consisting of one or more forms (i.e. questionnaires) which you define.
A form can consist of one or more fields ( i.e. questions - plain text, dropdown lists, checkboxes etc) and you can also define one or more media fields (GPS, photos, videos, audio or barcode scans) to be attached to a form. You can also define validation, form logic (skip questions) and linking of forms (in a hierarchy or branching) within a project.
A user can complete multiple instances of a form or set of linked forms (entries) on a mobile device prior to synchronisation (sending a copy of data) to a central server.
Data at the central server (text and/or media) can be viewed as tables and (if location data are recorded) using Google maps and all data can be downloaded for further processing in a number of formats.
Note: EpiCollect+ uses data networks (2G/3G/4G or wireless) for data exchange. However, a data connection IS NOT required for data gathering and is only needed when loading a project onto a mobile device and for synchronising data. This allows data gathering to proceded in areas without data coverage (ie remote areas).
A Quick Start Guide:
- Install the EpiCollect+ app from Google Play - Add Link
- Open, tap 'Start data collection' , fill in our demo project form (as many times as you like) and synchronise data.
- View data at http://plus.epicollect.net/demoproject
A slightly less Quick start Guide
EpiCollect+ provides a complete solution for building and gathering questionnaire data (text questions and media) from mobile devices (and / or the web). All data gathered for a project are available for viewing at a project website and can be viewed as tables/charts and on maps (if location data gathered within a project.) Furthermore, all data can be easily downloaded for further use.
Instructions are split into 4 sections as follows: